Rural Development Grant Program
Illinois Farm Bureau (IFB) is launching a new Rural Development Grant Program to support rural development projects that will positively impact Farm Bureau members and other rural Illinoisans.
Aligning with IFB policy and local government priorities, the program hopes to elevate and provide additional focus on rural development. It will provide resources, tools and support to help local communities and counties overcome challenges inherent in rural development projects, such as lack of funding and volunteers, complicated grant applications and others.
IFB is looking for projects that will meet a need in a community, county or rural area, and get residents excited about what is happening in their community. Examples could include projects that:
- Focus on attracting businesses
- Foster entrepreneurship
- Improve infrastructure and broadband
- Increase healthcare access
- Expand recreational opportunities
- Increase available housing
- Develop tourism
- Beautify communities
- Revitalize community spirit or engagement
- Enhance emergency services support (fire, emergency medical services, police)
- Otherwise positively impact farmers and rural Illinoisans
Rural development requires a team effort. The grants will be awarded in conjunction with county Farm Bureaus and their local partners. For more information about the program, please contact your local county Farm Bureau or email RDgrants@ilfb.org.