Collegiate Farm Bureau
Collegiate Farm Bureau unites students as the voice of agriculture on their campuses and in their communities, empowering them to be powerful assets for the agriculture industry.
Providing students with exposure to agricultural policy & legislative processes, awareness of various agricultural career opportunities, and insight into what role students can have in the agricultural industry.
- Attending statewide Illinois Farm Bureau events (Young Leader Conference, IAA Annual Meeting, Governmental Affairs Leadership Conference).
- Awareness of educational opportunities such as internships, full-time employment, and job shadowing positions.
Providing students with a network of peers and industry professionals while enhancing and growing their professional skills.
- Participating in statewide Illinois Farm Bureau events (Chapter Officer Leadership Training & Collegiate Discussion Meet).
- Growing in leadership experience through conducting chapter meetings & events.
Providing students with educational growth and investment and ways to give back to their communities.
- Participating in statewide Harvest for All philanthropic efforts and financial assistance through scholarship from the IAA Foundation.
- Giving back through chapter community service projects and experiences.
Provides students a community of students from diverse backgrounds and academic areas of study that can collectively work to engage consumers in agricultural dialogue now and as a lifelong Farm Bureau member.
- Participating in statewide programs by working with local Agriculture in the Classroom programs and utilizing Consumer Engagement Resources.
- Working to generate confidence in a students’ ability to connect with students, government leaders and the public in conversations about agriculture locally and beyond.
The Collegiate Farm Bureau chapters can be found at the following institutions:
- Highland Community College, Freeport
- Joliet Junior College, Joliet
- Western Illinois University, Macomb
- Illinois Central College, East Peoria
- Illinois State University, Normal
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Lincoln Land Community College, Springfield
- Lake Land College, Mattoon
- Kaskaskia College, Centralia
- Wabash Valley College, Mt. Carmel
- Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
To learn more about Collegiate Farm Bureau opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.