By Kirby Wagner
The Secretary of State’s office (SOS) has strategically opened three locations to allow CDL testing to occur. Here are four things you should know before going:
- These facilities are only open for CDL related tests (written, skills, and driving.) Other SOS functions such as license plates and title changes are not being processed at these locations.
- Call ahead to schedule and appointment to take a driving or skills test. That number is (217) 785-3013. To take the written test, no appointment is required.
- SOS is still offering several services online. These include title changes, license plate renewals, and safe driver renewals. Please visit cyberdriveillinois.com for more details.
- These facilities follow Social Distancing Guidelines and aren't supplying applicants/drivers with gloves or masks. As instructed by the governor, it is encouraged for all applicants/drivers to wear personal protective gear.
The three facilities were opened to address concerns that relate to driving commercial vehicles. The offices include:
- The facility at 1280 Powis Road, West Chicago, will open April 28. It will be open Tuesdays through Fridays from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturdays from 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- The facility at 2701 S. Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, will open April 27. It will be open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- The facility at 1905 Rendleman St., Marion, will open April 28. It will be open Tuesdays from 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Wednesdays through Fridays from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturdays from 7:30 a.m.-noon.
This assistance comes at a much needed time and I appreciate the SOS making these services available. Please follow the guidelines being given by SOS and stay safe out there.
This story was provided by FarmWeekNow.com.