Two-hour seminars to focus on laws, regulations which impact farmers.
County Farm Bureaus across Illinois will host transportation regulation workshops, starting in January and continuing through March. The seminars will focus on laws and regulations that impact farmers. (Illinois Farm Bureau file photo)
County Farm Bureaus across Illinois are hosting transportation regulation workshops, starting this month and continuing through March.
Each two-hour seminar will focus on laws and regulations that impact farmers. The workshops are free, but advance registration is required.
Topics will include an introduction to new regulations, such as waivers for insulin-related diabetic drivers, a new class “C” license plate, Covered Farm Vehicle options for small trucks, and the Unified Carrier Registration payment schedule and fees for 2019.
Participants will hear explanations on well-established farm exemptions and how to qualify, the Harvest Season permit, Electronic Logging Devices and other rules that are often confusing.
Kevin Rund and Kirby Wagner, Illinois Farm Bureau transportation specialists, will speak and provide resource materials.
January and early February workshops include:
- Jan. 22, 9 a.m., Asmark Center, Bloomington;
- Jan. 29, 8 a.m., Champaign County Farm Bureau, Champaign;
- Feb. 5, 9:30 a.m., Funk Building, Winchester, and 1:30 p.m., Methodist Church, New Canton;
- Feb. 6, 9 a.m., Annawan Community Center, Annawan, and 1:30 p.m., Spoon River Outreach Center, Macomb; and
- Feb. 8, 8 a.m., Sterling location to be announced, and 1 p.m., Stephenson County Farm Bureau, Freeport.
To register, contact your county Farm Bureau or the hosting county Farm Bureau.